So You’ve Graduated ⎯ Now What’s Next?
Here are some tips and list of ASU resources that will come in handy when conducting your career search and/or contemplating a master’s degree:
- Prep your resume. It’s best to have a resume tailored for each specific job that you are applying for. Highlight the skills and education/experience required for that particular job posting in that individualized resume. Need help with your resume? Get some tips here.
- Attend career mixers/fairs THIS summer and fall. Don’t put it off. Also, take advantage of the resources available to you as Arizona State University alumni. Go here and here for more information and tips.
- The ASU Alumni Association and ASU’s Career and Professional Development Services offer a service called Sun Devil CareerLink. They post jobs that employers have submitted specifically for ASU. Go here for more information and to sign up!
- Attend online webinars that will prepare you on the “how-to’s” in attending a career fair, networking, even on rocking your Linkedin profile! Bookmark this link to keep up to date with all upcoming ASU career events.
- Have more questions? Don’t forget to check out these helpful links. ASU Career and Professional Development Services offers a list of links to help you in your job search. You can find them here.
- Need career advice? We got you covered. As ASU alumni, you can access the services of a career counselor. You can even meet one-on-one with a professional career advisor at a time convenient for you. Go here for more information on who’s eligible (hint: all ASU alumni within five years of their graduation date, for example) and how to access this service.
- Missing hitting the books? Enroll in a master’s degree program. Thrive in ASU’s dynamic graduate community and jumpstart your career and leadership in the global workforce. In addition to expert training in your field, we offer tools to help you shape your journey, from extraordinary opportunities in mentoring and intensive professional development to key steps for completing a degree and more. Find more information about graduate education at ASU here.
Remember, searching for a job is a full-time job in itself! Use all the tools and resources you have as ASU Alumni and happy hunting!